Simple and delicious. This will become your new favorite.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 2 6-8 oz barramundi fillets
• 2 tbsp olive or canola oil
• 2 tbsp butter
• 1 clove of garlic, minced
• 2 tbsp fresh or bottled lemon juice
• 5 fresh basil leaves, minced or 3/4 tablespoon dry Salt to taste
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Gently saute the minced garlic in butter for about 2 minutes, until fragrant and golden.
- Stir in the lemon juice and 3/4th of the fresh or dry basil.
- Add salt to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pat the barramundi fillets dry and coat both sides with olive or canola oil.
- Heat a medium frying pan (nonstick if you have it) on medium-high heat. Pan fry one side for about 3 minutes. The edges should turn golden brown. Flip and cook the other side 1-2 more minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Transfer the barramundi to a serving dish. Spoon sauce over the fillets and sprinkle the remaining basil on top. Enjoy immediately!
By the way: Did you know that you can also roast Barramundi straight from the freezer? Click on this link to check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=35&v=-pay1VqtrWQ
This great family recipe is thanks to The Better Fish at https://www.thebetterfish.com/recipe/barramundi-lemon-butter/