Get inspired for your next party with these mini sauage, mash and pickled onion canapés served with gravy. How to get mash on a stick? Use gnocchi of course.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 20
• 20 raw cocktail sausages
• 200 ml chicken or beef gravy
• 40 fresh gnocchi (approx. 250g)
• 20 pickled silver skin pickled onions
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Tip the gnocchi into a roasting tin along with the cocktail sausages and pickled onions. Roast for 25-30 mins or until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully spear a couple of gnocchi pieces, a sausage and onion onto each cocktail stick and keep warm while you heat the gravy through in a pan until bubbling. Serve with the gravy on the side for dipping.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Good Food at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sausage-mash-stick