Sausage, Fennel & Rocket Fusilli
Bring out the flavour of pork with fennel seeds and serve in a creamy mustard pasta sauce.
• Prep and cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 350g fusilli
• 2 garlic cloves, sliced
• 3 tbsps double cream
• 100g bag rocket leaves
• 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
• 1 heaped tbsp fennel seeds
• 6 good quality pork sausages
• 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
• 2 tbsps grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Meanwhile, squeeze the meat out of the sausage skins. Heat a frying pan over a high heat and brown the sausagemeat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon while it cooks. Once browned, push to the side of the pan.
- Add the garlic, chilli and fennel seeds to the empty part of the pan and cook for 45 secs until fragrant. Stir in the sausagemeat, season and add the cream, mustard and Parmesan. Keep on a low heat until the pasta is cooked.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a few tbsps of the water, then tip it back into the pan. Add the sausage sauce and mix, adding some of the pasta water if it needs it. Add the rocket, turn off the heat and spoon into bowls. Serve with extra Parmesan.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2358637/sausage-fennel-and-rocket-fusilli