This hearty meal of sausage, pear and broccoli is perfect for the Sunday lunch table. Throw it in the oven and relax.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 50g butter, chopped
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 12 fresh thyme sprigs
• 500g baby cream delight potatoes
• 4 small packham triumph pears, halved
• 1 large red onion, cut into thick wedges
• 3/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
• 1 large head broccoli, cut into large florets
• 8 thick pork sausages or any types of sausages you like
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Boil for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain well. Rinse under cold water. Cut potatoes in half.
- Place potatoes, broccoli, pear and red onion in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Transfer to a large roasting pan. Combine maple syrup and stock in a jug. Pour over the vegetables in pan. Top with thyme sprigs and dot with butter. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook sausages, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned all over and almost cooked through.
- Remove roasting pan from oven. Add sausages. Toss to coat in pan juices. Bake for a further 5 minutes or until sausages are cooked through. Serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/sausage-maple-pear-bake/5af374d9-63f3-4c1f-a22f-1a62ce441537