• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 6 tbsps butter
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 1/4 tsp saffron threads
• 1 shallots, finely chopped
• pinch crushed red pepper
• 1 1/4 pounds sea scallops
• snipped chives, for garnish
• Grated peel and juice of 1/2 lime
• 1 mango, chopped (about 1 cup)
- In a medium skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook until translucent. Add the mango and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the wine and saffron and simmer to reduce, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Using a food processor, puree the mango mixture. Return the puree to the skillet and stir in the lime peel, lime juice, crushed red pepper and 1/4 cup water. Season to taste with salt; set aside.
- In a large, heavy skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add half the scallops and cook about 2 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining butter and scallops. Transfer to a plate.
- Bring the mango sauce to a boil and pour a spoonful on each plate. Place the scallops on the sauce and top with the chives.
This great family recipe is thanks to Rachael Ray Mag Recipes at https://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/saffron-scallops