Tender, flavorful lamb chops don't get any easier than these lamb loin chops marinated in herbs, garlic, and lemon juice, then roasted in the oven, for an easy lamb chops recipe that cooks in about 15 minutes. Feel free to use fresh or dried herbs for this recipe. Add at least 1 hour and 20 minutes to the prep time to include time to marinate in the fridge and then come to room temperature.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1 tsp rosemary leaves
• 4 inch lamb loin chops
• 1 dash cayenne pepper
• 2 tsps finely chopped garlic about 4 cloves
- Mix ingredients, except for lamb, in a bowl.
- Place the chops in a zip top bag and pour ingredients over chops. Seal the bag, after squeezing the air out, and squish the bag around to get the chops well covered on both sides.
- Let marinate in the fridge overnight. The longer the better, but give them at least one hour.
- Remove the chops and let them come to room temperature (approximately 20 minutes) before cooking.
- While the chops sit out, move an oven rack to the top position beneath the broiler, and preheat the oven on broil.
- Place the chops (with the marinade) in a single layer in an oven proof skillet, and place the skillet in the oven directly beneath the broiler.
- Broil for 5-8 minutes on each side, using tongs to flip the chops, until they are seared on the outside and register around 145 degrees with a meat thermometer.
- Drizzle with the pan juices before serving.
This great family recipe is thanks to Eating Richly Recipes at https://eatingrichly.com/easy-lamb-chops-recipe-oven/