Roast Leg of Lamb
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 2 hours
• Yield: Serves 8-10
• 2 tbsps lemon juice
• Pinch dried oregano
• 2 tbsps olive oil, divided
• One 6½ pound leg of lamb
• 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Using a sharp knife, score the fat cap on the lamb in a crosshatch pattern.
- In a small bowl, toss the garlic and oregano with some salt and pepper. Rub the mixture into the scores of the lamb, seasoning with more salt and pepper as needed. Rub the lemon juice over the lamb, then brush it with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Wrap the leg with parchment paper then secure with butcher's twine. Brush the paper with the remaining tablespoon of oil, then place the whole leg in a roasting pan.
- Roast until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 140°, 2 hours. Let rest for 5 minutes, then discard the paper and string, and carve, serving the slices with the pan juices.
This great family recipe is thanks to Tasting Table Recipes at https://www.tastingtable.com/cook/recipes/roast-lamb-leg-recipe?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly