Use a pack of ready-cooked or left-over rice to put a super-fast (and low calorie) king prawn salad together. Make it green with edamame beans, cucumber and avocado.
• Prep and cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1/2 avocado, diced
• 6 radishes, chopped
• 1/4 cucumber, diced
• 2 srping onions, chopped
• 250g cooked basmati rice
• 150g cooked peeled king prawns
• black sesame seeds to serve (Optional)
• 50g edamame beans, defrosted if frozen
• 1 tbsp mirin
• 2 tbsps rice vinegar
• 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
• 1 tbsp pickled ginger chopped to make
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- If using a pouch, heat the rice following pack instructions then tip into a bowl and break up. Cool until just-warm, add half the dressing and toss.
- Add the prawns and veg, and toss again. Divide between two plates and spoon over the rest of the dressing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to finish, if you like.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive Magazine at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/fish-and-seafood/quick-japanese-style-rice-salad/