A snap to make for an easy weeknight meal, the recipe is also elegant enough to serve on special occasions, especially made with fresh, high-quality tomatoes.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 (4-oz.) skin-on fish fillets, such as bass or snapper
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
• 1 1⁄2 lb. cherry tomatoes
• 2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
Method: Heat oil in a 12" nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season fish with salt and pepper and add to skillet, skin side down. Cook until skin is browned and crisp, about 4 minutes. Remove from skillet; set aside. Add onions to pan; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add tomatoes, cover with lid, and cook until soft and releasing their juices, about 8 minutes. Add fish, skin side up, and cook until done, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
This great family recipe is thanks to SAVEUR Recipes at https://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Quick-Fish-Filets-in-Tomato-Sauce