This Huon Salmon salad makes a quick mid-week dinner and uses all those delicious late summer tomatoes and any other leftover vegies! Makes a tasty lunch the next day.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 400g Portions Huon Salmon, Skin on
• 1 Cup Bulghur (see note)
• 1 Punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
• 5 Cups Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves and fresh mint leaves
• 4 Green onions, thinly sliced
• 1/4 Cup Olive oil
- Place the bulghur in a large bowl and cover with 2 cups of boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. When all the water has absorbed fluff with a fork. Spread out on a large serving platter to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix the tomatoes, lemon juice, fresh herbs onion and oil together. Pour over the *8bulghur then toss to combine. Season to taste.
- Preheat a large frypan on medium-high heat. Season the Huon salmon and cook, skin side down for 4 minutes, then turn over and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to rest for 2 minutes. Break into bite size pieces then pile on top on the tabouli. Add extra lemon juice and olive to taste.
NOTE: Bulghur is a cracked wheat available in the health food section of your supermarket. If you want to create a gluten free version, use quinoa instead. Cook according to pack directions then follow recipe from step 2.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/panfried-huon-salmon-tabouli/