If your barbie recipe collection has hit a snag, set your sights beyond your own backyard and grill up these Asian-inspired sausages.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps lime
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 2 tbsps fish sauce
• 8 thick pork sausages
• 1 large mango, thinly sliced
• 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
• 150g dried thin rice stick noodles
• 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts, trimmed
• 2 green onions, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
• 3/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, plus extra to serve
- Heat a greased barbecue hotplate or grill on medium-high heat. Cook sausages, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Thickly slice. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles following packet directions. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Combine mango, capsicum, bean sprouts, coriander and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk lime juice, sesame oil and fish sauce in a small bowl. Add noodles and 2/3 of the dressing to salad. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Top salad with sausage. Drizzle with remaining dressing and sprinkle with extra coriander and onion. Serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/pork-sausage-thai-mango-noodle-salad/55798e7a-fa74-43c9-8f8d-79e8ad7307e9