Great quality Italian sausages are the star of this tasty family meal.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 red onion, cut into wedges
• 1 small eggplant, coarsely chopped
• 1 large zucchini, coarsely chopped
• 1 red capsicum, coarsely chopped
• 1 yellow capsicum, coarsely chopped
• 200g Perino grape tomatoes
• 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 400g can diced tomatoes
• 1/2 cup (125ml) dry red wine
• 500g Coles Finest Traditional Recipe Italian Sausages
• 1/2 cup small basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Place the onion, eggplant, zucchini, combined capsicum, grape tomatoes and garlic in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with the oil and toss to coat. Bake, turning occasionally, for 5 mins or until just tender. Add the diced tomato and wine. Bake for 15 mins or until sauce thickens and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook the sausages, turning, for 8 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Cut each sausage in half diagonally. Place over the ratatouille. Bake for 2 mins or until heated through. Sprinkle with basil leaves to serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/pork-sausage-ratatouille-bake/27eef245-c49b-49a2-8c2a-d6a7bb56c3f8