Try your hand at these homemade sausages; no hidden preservatives and a taste the whole family will enjoy.
• Prep time: 30 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 8 small onions
• 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, lightly crushed
• 2/3 cup (50g) stale breadcrumbs
• 1 Pink Lady apple, coarsely grated
• 650g Coles Australian Pork Mince
• 1 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
• 300g pkt Coles Brand Superfood Leaf Blend
• 1 1/2 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
• 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
• 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, torn
• 2 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
• 1/3 cup (80ml) bought coleslaw dressing
- Finely chop 2 of the onions. Cut the remaining onions into quarters.
- Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until soft. Add the fennel seeds and cook for 1 min or until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add breadcrumbs, apple, pork and egg to the onion mixture and use your hands to combine. Shape 1/4 cupfuls of mixture into 12 x 7cm-long sausages.
- Heat remaining oil in the frying pan over medium heat. Add the sausages and quartered onion. Cook, turning occasionally, for 10 mins or until the sausages are browned and cooked through and onion is soft.
- Combine leaf blend, cabbage, carrot, parsley and pepitas in a large bowl. Divide sausages, onion and salad among serving plates and serve with dressing.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/pork-apple-sausages-pepita-coleslaw/4d943b8c-737f-41e8-8d36-8db784399dfc?r=recipes/sausagerecipes&c=9b68d69e-2711-445b-8087-66061c71a108/Sausage%20recipes