• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 3 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 pound swordfish or other firm, white fish
• Flour for dusting
• 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
• 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
• 2 Tbsp white wine
• 4 Roma or other paste tomatoes, seeded and diced
• 1/4 cup chopped parsley
• 2 teaspoons Spanish smoked paprika
• Black pepper
- Remove the skin from the swordfish and cut it into cubes. Salt the fish well and dust the cubes in flour. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan large enough to hold all the swordfish chunks in one layer. Sear them well on at least two sides. Give the first side 1-2 minutes, then sear other sides for 30 seconds to 1 minute each.
- When the swordfish is cooked, remove it to a bowl and reserve. Add the garlic slices and sauté 30 seconds or so — the second it begins to brown, add the tomatoes, parsley, white wine, pine nuts and paprika. Toss to combine and cook 1 minute, then add the swordfish back to the pan, toss to combine and cook another 30 seconds or so. Serve at once.
This great family recipe is thanks to Simply-Recipes Recipes at https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/swordfish_with_smoked_paprika/