This fresh and tangy coleslaw tastes beautiful with simple pan-fried fish, but would work equally well with chicken or grilled steak.
• Prep Time: 15 minutes
• Cook Time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 large carrot
• 1 tbsp lime juice
• 2 tsps fish sauce
• 2 tsps caster sugar
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
• 1/4 cup coriander leaves
• 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
• 4 x 150g barramundi fillets
• 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 150g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
• 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
• 1/2 small wombok (Chinese cabbage), trimmed, shredded
- Peel long ribbons form carrot using a vegetable peeler. Place carrot, wombok, snow peas, onion, mint and coriander in a large bowl.
- Combine chilli, lime juice, vinegar, fish sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add to salad and gently toss to combine. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Season fish and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Serve fish with Asian coleslaw.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/pan-fried-barramundi-asian-coleslaw/b0dd5ae2-f193-43bb-a786-13938a817b44