BBQ Huon Salmon with Grilled Peach, Black Bean and Corn Salad
Stone fruit season is one the most exciting seasons of the year. We particularly love peaches as the flavour compliments salmon so well. Like salmon, stone fruits are also a great source of nutrition, including vitamins A, C and E and a good source of dietary fibre and potassium.
• Prep Time: 15 minutes
• Cook Time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 corn cobs
• 1 lime, juiced
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 cup coriander leaves
• 2 peaches (or nectarines)
• extra lime wedges to serve
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
• 4 Huon salmon fresh portions, skin on
• 1 tin of black beans, drained and rinsed
- Slice each peach into six segments, then gently toss in a small bowl with olive oil and salt.
- Heat your grill plate or barbeque to medium high, grill peaches for one minute each side until charred. Set aside.
- Chargrill corn. Remove kernels from cob and place in a large bowl. Add the black beans, tomatoes, chili, lime juice, coriander leaves and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and toss well to combine. Season to taste.
- Season the Huon Salmon then drizzle with olive oil. Cook salmon, skin side down on a heated, oiled grill plate or barbeque over medium heat for three minutes. Turn and cook for a further minute or until just cooked through.
- Arrange the salad on four plates, then top with salmon, and arrange the peaches over the salad.
- Serve with extra lime wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/bbq-huon-salmon-with-grilled-peach-black-bean-and-corn-salad/