Stone fruit season is one the most exciting seasons of the year. We particularly love peaches as the flavour compliments salmon so well. Like salmon, stone fruits are also a great source of nutrition, including vitamins A, C and E and a good source of dietary fibre and potassium.
• Prep Time: 15 minutes
• Cook Time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 corn cobs
• 1 lime, juiced
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 cup coriander leaves
• 2 peaches (or nectarines)
• extra lime wedges to serve
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
• 4 Huon salmon fresh portions, skin on
• 1 tin of black beans, drained and rinsed
- Slice each peach into six segments, then gently toss in a small bowl with olive oil and salt.
- Heat your grill plate or barbeque to medium high, grill peaches for one minute each side until charred. Set aside.
- Chargrill corn. Remove kernels from cob and place in a large bowl. Add the black beans, tomatoes, chili, lime juice, coriander leaves and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and toss well to combine. Season to taste.
- Season the Huon Salmon then drizzle with olive oil. Cook salmon, skin side down on a heated, oiled grill plate or barbeque over medium heat for three minutes. Turn and cook for a further minute or until just cooked through.
- Arrange the salad on four plates, then top with salmon, and arrange the peaches over the salad.
- Serve with extra lime wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/bbq-huon-salmon-with-grilled-peach-black-bean-and-corn-salad/