Nothing screams summer like a grilled prawn cocktail while you relaex poolside.
• Prep and cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1 large avocado, sliced
• 1 small onion, roughly chopped
• 1 tsp smoked paprika (pimenton)
• 1 long red chilli, roughly chopped
• 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
• 1 baby cos lettuce, cut into wedges
• 20 large green prawns, peeled with tails intact (shells reserved), deveined, butterflied
For cocktail sauce:
• juice of 1 lime
• 2 tbsps tomato sauce
• pinch of cayenne pepper
• 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tsp freshly grated horseradish
• 2 tbsps whole egg mayonnaise
- Heat oil in a large frypan over high heat. Cook reserved shells, onion and chilli, tossing occasionally, for 5 minutes or until coloured. Add garlic and paprika. Cook for a further 1 minute or until fragrant. Strain oil into a bowl, pressing shells to extract as much oil as possible. Discard the solids.
- For the sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Season and set aside.
- Preheat barbecue to high. Drizzle half the prawn oil over prawns, toss to combine and season. Cook prawns, turning once, for 2-3 minutes until charred and just cooked.
- Arrange prawns, avocado and lettuce on a plate. Drizzle with chilli oil and cocktail sauce to serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/daring-out-glass-prawn-cocktail-breaks-rules/c33d21ac-0ff4-4bea-9b4a-503decaa1c4e?r=recipes/group/sx8icie0