• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 carrots, sliced
• 2 stalks celery, sliced
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 5 c. lower-sodium chicken broth
• 3 c. water
• 1 3/4 c. bulgur
• 12 oz. ground chicken breast
• 1/4 c. finely chopped fresh dill
• 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
• 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a 6- to 7-quart saucepot over medium heat. Add the carrots, celery, and onion; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken broth and water; heat to boiling over high heat. Stir in the bulgur. Reduce the heat; simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until the bulgur is almost tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the ground chicken, dill, lemon zest, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Form the chicken mixture into 1-inch balls; add to the simmering soup along with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 6 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
This great family recipe is thanks to delish Recipes at https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a23723000/lemon-dill-chicken-meatball-soup-recipe/