• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 8 x lamb loin chops, trimmed
• 1 tbsp olive oil
Heirloom Tomato Salad:
• 800g mixed heirloom tomatoes, sliced
• 400g can of chickpeas, rinsed
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
• Pinch of caster sugar
• 1 cup fresh ricotta
• 1 cup small basil leaves
- Preheat a chargrill to moderately high. Brush the lamb with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Cover and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- For the salad, combine oil, vinegar and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Lay tomatoes in a single layer on a platter and scatter with chickpeas and ricotta.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and top with basil leaves. Serve with lamb.
This great family recipe is thanks to Australian Lamb Recipes at https://www.australianlamb.com.au/recipes/lamb-loin-chops-with-heirloom-tomato-salad/#