Kick'n Kebabs for the Kids
Get the kids involved and have them make kebabs for dinner.
If you have kids that look at a plate of vegetables and meat and put their heads down as if it's going to be the hardest thing in the world to eat it all, give this a go!
The trick is to have all the vegetables and meat pre cut so they don't get a chance to say "I don't like that one" etc.
Once you have all the ingredients cut up you can cut up in to cubes then your ready to go.
If your looking for a meat to use try Farmer's Market Rib Eye Steak, Sirloin Steak, Tenderloin, Rump or even cut up a Lamb Shoulder or Leg of Lamb in to cubes.
TIP: If your going to be making the kebabs using wooden sticks, soak the sticks in a bowl of water first for 30-60 minutes so when they are on the BBQ/Grill they wont burn as easy.
Now your ready to go, call the kids in and start making kebabs. Another good trick is to challenge them on who can make the BEST or most COLORFUL kebab and that will get them putting everything on them.
Items you can use:
- Beef (100% grass fed is always great and healthy which you can have delivered from Farmer's Market 5 days a week with no minimum order www.farmersmarket.com.hk)
- Lamb (Farmer's Market has naturally farmed lamb available online as well)
- Bell Peppers
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Halloumi Cheese (sometimes breaks up so be careful)
- Basically any other vegetable you like to use
Looking for something a bit different?
Strange but nice, believe it or not a banana wrapped in bacon, on a stick, cooked on a BBQ!
Yes it sounds strange, and I guess being and Aussie we are a little strange but I grew up on these and they are amazing! Give it a go.
- Just put a banana on a stick
- wrap bacon around the outside of it
- pin the bacon to the banana using a toothpick
- cook it on the BBQ or Grill till the bacon is cooked