The magical part of this recipe is that the chicken thighs cook in bacon fat, which means the crispy skin tastes like BACON. If you don't have bacon (and don't want to buy it), use olive oil instead.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 55 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 slices bacon
• 1 1/2 lb. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 small red onion, chopped
• 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
• 1 small bunch thyme
• 3/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
• 3/4 c. heavy cream
• 1/3 c. freshly grated Parmesan
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, about 8 minutes. Drain slices on a paper towel-lined plate and reserve about 2 tablespoons fat in skillet.
- Season chicken all over with salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high, then add chicken to skillet skin side-down. Cook until golden and seared, about 5 minutes, then flip and cook until seared on second side, about 5 minutes more. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, cream, Parmesan, thyme, and lemon juice. Bring mixture to a simmer and let cook 5 minute.
- Return chicken to skillet and simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes more.
- Chop bacon and sprinkle over chicken.
This great family recipe is thanks to Delish Recipes at https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a23694377/keto-chicken-thighs-recipe/