These sweet and savory Japanese flavored chicken wings with miso and honey. Sooo GOOD that you can't stop eating. The darker the color, the more salty. I am partial to the sweeter version of white miso, which is mild and very tasty.
They are so delicious; sweet, savory, with the taste of miso and honey. Make a bunch of these, they can be served as an entree for dinner or as an appetizer!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• white sesame
• 3 tbsps honey
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 2 tbsps soy sauce
• 3 tbsps white miso
• ground black pepper
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 tbsps mirin, sweet cooking wine
• 1 inch (about 2 cm) piece ginger, peeled and minced
• 1 1/2 lbs. (about 0.6 kg) chicken wings and drumsticks
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Clean and rinse the chicken wings, pat with paper towels. Season with some salt and ground black pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, miso, mirin, honey, soy sauce, and sesame oil together. Whisk it to form a smooth and slightly watering marinade. Marinate the chicken with the miso mixture for 2 hours.
- Arrange the marinated chicken wings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Shake off the excess marinade. Bake for 20 minutes or until the surface is golden brown. Turn over to the other side and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, garnish with white sesame and serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/honey-miso-chicken-wings/