The crushed coriander forms a crispy scallop crust, and orange juice concentrate makes life easy.
• Prep and cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 8 cups mixed baby greens
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 tbsps white balsamic vinegar
• 2 tsps minced peeled fresh ginger
• 3 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 16 x sea scallops, side muscles removed
• 3 tbsps frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
• 2 tbsps coriander seeds, coarsely crushed in resealable bag with mallet
• 1 navel orange, peel and pith removed, cut between membranes unto segments
- Whisk juice concentrate, vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, ginger, and cilantro in small bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Place crushed coriander seeds on plate. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper, then press both sides in coriander to coat. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops and cook until golden brown and just opaque in center, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side.
- Divide greens, orange, and scallops among 4 plates. Drizzle dressing over.
This great family recipe is thanks to bon appetit at https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/coriander-scallops-with-orange-ginger-dressing