Take the humble snag to super-star status with this dish of fennel sausages with bright, sweet capsicums.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
• 1 tbsp baby capers, rinsed
• 2 tbsps flat-leaf parsley leaves, torn
• 12 small, Italian-style pork sausages
• 3 red capsicum, seeds removed, cut into 2cm pieces
• 2 yellow capsicum, seeds removed, cut into 2cm pieces
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frypan over low heat and gently fry the sausages for 8-10 minutes (in batches if necessary), turning occasionally so they brown on all sides. Remove from the pan, drain on paper towel and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place the red and yellow capsicum, remaining oil, garlic and capers in a frypan, and season. Gently stew over low to medium heat for 10-15 minutes, without actually frying or browning. Pour the stewed capsicum onto a large serving platter and arrange the sausages in a row on top. Scatter the torn parsley leaves over and serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/fennel-sausages-stewed-capsicum/3ad1eee1-b5e1-41ed-a4e3-c47aab1bb31f?