The smooth partnership of honey and garlic are a classic flavour combination. When cooked with a delicious Huon Ocean Trout Cutlet, the honey and garlic create a delicious and smooth glaze, perfect to warm the soul on a cold night. With ingredients that you typically have on hand, this recipe will become an easy go to marinade.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp honey
• 2 tbsps butter
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 3-4 sprigs of thyme
• salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 4 Huon Ocean Trout Cutlets
• 1/4 tsp chilli flakes (Optional)
• 3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- Season trout cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Add trout and cook for minutes 4 minutes each side.
- Add garlic, lemon, honey, thyme and chilli, and cook a further 1 minute each side. Baste the trout with the pan juices.
- Serve with your favourite sides, like steamed baby potatoes and bok choy.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/honey-garlic-huon-ocean-trout-cutlets/