Harvest Chicken Casserole
A satisfying casserole with all of your fall favorites.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6-8
• 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for baking dish
• 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 onion, chopped
• 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
• 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
• 1 tsp. dried thyme
• 1/2 tsp. paprika
• 1/4 c. Swanson Chicken Broth
• 6 c. cooked wild rice
• 1/2 c. dried cranberries
• 1/2 c. sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350o and grease a 9"-x-13" baking dish with oil. In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes, then cut into 1" pieces.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion, sweet potatoes, and Brussels sprouts and season with thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add broth, bring to a simmer, and cook, covered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice, chicken, and cranberries. Transfer mixture to baking dish, top with almonds, and bake 20 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
This great family recipe is thanks to Delish Recipes at https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a55760/healthy-chicken-casserole-recipe/