It’s the crunchy breadcrumbs sprinkled on delicious morsels of Huon Salmon that will make this mid-week meal a family favourite.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 400g Fresh Huon Salmon portions
• 400g Spaghetti
• 1 1/2 Cups fresh breadcrumbs
• 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 tbsp Capers
• 120g baby spinach
• Juice of 1 lemon
- Cook the pasta as directed, and drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large fry pan with a splash of olive oil and fry the fresh breadcrumbs until golden brown. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Wipe out the fry pan and add a little extra olive oil and fry the salmon fillets until cooked to your liking. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to low, and gently fry the garlic and capers for 1 minute or until fragrant, then add the spinach leaves, lemon juice and cup of reserved cooking water. Jiggle the pan back and forth until the spinach wilts and the juice start to emulsify and look creamy. Add the pasta, continue to agitate the pan.
- Break the salmon into bite size pieces, and toss through the pasta. Season to taste, and divide into four bowls. Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/huon-salmon-spaghetti/