This Grilled Duck recipe combines lean duck breasts with a wide variety of flavors, including soy, ginger, and mango. This marinade turns into a delicious glaze on the grill as you cook it.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 12 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 cups / 475ml hot cooked rice
• 1 pound / 450g skinless, boneless duck breast
For the Marinade:
• 1/4 tsp / 1.25ml salt
• 1 tsp / 5ml sesame oil
• 2 cloves garlic (minced)
• 1/4 tsp / 1.25 black pepper
• 1 tbsp / 15ml ginger root (minced)
• 1/4 tsp / 1.25ml ground cinnamon
• 2 tbsps / 30ml low sodium soy sauce
• 1 tbsp / 15ml mango chutney (chopped)
- Combine ginger, soy sauce, garlic, salt, black pepper, sesame oil and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Wash ducks off with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place into a resealable plastic and add the marinade. Release air from bag and seal. Place into the refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill and oil grate.
- Remove duck breasts from the bag and discard marinade.
- Grill over direct heat for about 4 to 6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 160 F.
- About 1 to 2 minutes before removing from the grill spoon mango chutney on the top side.
- When done, remove from grill and serve with rice.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Spruce Eats at https://www.thespruceeats.com/grilled-duck-breast-335505