For those of us who can't eat gluten, try this great makeover of a classic sausage roll recipe!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 450g warm cooked mashed potato
• 1 1/4 cups rice flour
• 1/2 cup gluten-free cornflour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 100g butter or Nuttelex dairy-free spread, chopped
• 1 egg
• 150g pork mince
• 150g chicken mince
• 150g lamb mince
• 2 eggs
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
• 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
• Gluten-free tomato sauce, to serve
- Place mashed potato, rice flour, cornflour, salt and butter or spread in a large bowl. Add egg. Using a flat-bladed knife, stir until dough forms.
- Dust work surface with cornflour. Knead dough for 3 minutes or until smooth. Wrap dough in baking paper. Set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine minces, 1 egg, tomato paste, chilli sauce, mustard, parsley and coriander in a bowl.
- Dust a 40cm-long piece baking paper with cornflour. Place pastry on baking paper. Roll out to a 1cm-thick, 22cm x 30cm rectangle. Cut pastry into three, 10cm-wide strips. Shape one-third mince mixture into a 22cm-long sausage. Place along 1 long side of pastry strip. Roll pastry up to enclose. Transfer to prepared tray. Repeat twice with remaining pastry strips and mince mixture.
- Whisk remaining egg in a bowl. Brush rolls with egg. Prick each roll three times. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Cut each roll into quarters. Serve with tomato sauce.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/gluten-free-sausage-rolls/cddce819-8ad8-4e34-b671-60195d2a9798?r=recipes/sausagerecipes&c=9b68d69e-2711-445b-8087-66061c71a108/