Chipotle Lime Grilled Chicken
Chipotle Lime Chicken - ridiculously delicious and juicy grilled chicken recipe with chipotle chili, lime juice, garlic and cilantro!
What is better than chili lime chicken? This ridiculously delicious, absolutely mouthwatering and you-just-want-to-eat-them-off-your-screen chipotle lime grilled chicken. I bet you are hungry just buy looking at my picture here.
This chipotle lime grilled chicken is SO good. The crispy and slightly charred skin, moist, juicy and citrusy chicken meat bursting with the flavors of the marinade, with the signature smoky heat from chipotle chili powder. I was transported to grilled chicken heaven, and the recipe reinforces the reason why I LOVE summer SO much. The amazing summer food, the BBQ smell lingering in my backyard, the refreshing cold drinks, and the eternal warmth of the sun.
Now, this chipotle lime chicken is not only for outdoor grill. You can easily make this amazing recipe in an oven, or even pan-seared in a regular skillet or cast-iron grill pan. The end result will be somewhat similar and satisfying. With Memorial Day weekend just around the corner, this is the perfect recipe for your family and your guests!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 – 2.5 lbs skin on chicken thighs, deboned
• 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
• 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
• 1 jalapeño, chopped finely
• 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder, or more to taste
• 5 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
• 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
• Lime wedges, for serving
- Leave the skin on the chicken thighs but remove the bones by cutting two slits along the sides of the bone. Rinse the chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk all the Marinade ingredients until well combined. Save some of the Marinade for basting. Add chicken to the Marinade, make sure to stir and coat the chicken evenly. Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Fire up the grill, brush a little bit of the Marinade plus the garlic, cilantro and jalapeno on top of the chicken and grill them until they turn golden brown and charred on both sides. Serve immediately with some fresh lime wedges.
NOTE: You may cook the chicken in an oven at 400F for about 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown and charred. You may also cook the chicken on stovetop using a regular skillet or cast-iron grilled pan.
This great family recipe is thanks to Best Recipes at https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Chipotle-Lime-Chicken-1115759?prm-v1