This Gluten Free Baked Feta Pasta is my version of Tik Tok's famous baked feta pasta! I've added in whole roasted cloves of garlic, tender shrimp, and gluten free pasta. Everything is baked in one dish, resulting in a creamy, decadent .cheesy tomato sauce. So easy and delicious!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 lb. cherry tomatoes
• 1 box gluten free pasta
• 2 handfuls raw spinach
• salt and pepper, to taste
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
• 5 - 7 oz block of Feta cheese
• 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil, separated
• 1 head garlic, skin on, cut in half to reveal cloves inside
• 1 lb. peeled / deveined raw shrimp, thawed if previously frozen
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- First, add your block of feta to your 9×13 baking dish. Place the tomatoes evenly all around the feta. Add your two halves of the head of garlic. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over the feta, tomatoes, and garlic and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Place the baking dish into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta according to the package directions, drain, and set aside.
- Thaw the shrimp if previously frozen. You can leave the tails on or take them off – up to you. When the timer goes off, take the baking dish out and add the raw shrimp. Simply place them on top of the tomatoes in an even layer and drizzle with the additional 1 tbsp olive oil/sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set the timer for 7 additional minutes.
- Toss the shrimp with some of the olive oil and tomatoes. Turn the oven to Broil for the last 8 minutes of cook time. This helps to get the tomatoes nice and roasted! The total cook time is 30 minutes. 15 mins, add shrimp + 7 mins + 8 mins on broil. Keep an eye on it at the end to make sure everything isn’t getting too browned.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Remove the shrimp and garlic halves and set them aside on a plate. Add your fresh spinach to the baking dish and mix it with the hot feta cheese, tomatoes, and olive oil. It should wilt after stirring. Add in your cooked pasta, fresh basil, and cloves of garlic (I simply pop them out of the skin and eat the cloves whole, but you can chop them up before adding, if preferred). Season with salt and pepper as needed. Top with the roasted shrimp and enjoy!
This great family recipe is thanks to Mary's Whole Life at https://www.maryswholelife.com/gluten-free-baked-feta-pasta-with-shrimp/