• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 20 Clearwater Sea Scallops
• 1 Ginger root peeled coarsely
• 2 tbsp Pickled ginger minced fine
• 1 cup Rice wine vinegar
• ¼ cup White sugar
• 1 tbsp Honey
• 2 Limes zest and juice
• 1 Orange zest, sectioned and juice reserved
• 1 cup Basmati rice
• 100 ml Canned coconut milk
• 1 small sweet potato peeled and minced fine
• 350 ml water
• 25 ml Vietnamese fish sauce
• 2 kaffir lime leaves
• ½ pineapple peeled and diced small
• ½ red pepper
• 1 tomato seeded and diced
• 1 shallot minced
• 1 bunch cilantro chiffonade (shredded fine)
• 20 cashew nuts minced
• 8 baby Bok Choy
• 25 ml sesame oil
• 50 ml peanut or sunflower oil
• sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
• 1 tbsp soy reduction
- Wash Bok Choy and reserve.
- Prepare ginger syrup by simmering ginger peelings and
vinegar with sugar, honey, and orange juice until it
- Reserve in a squeeze bottle.
- Prepare salsa by sautéing diced pineapple over high
heat in a non stick pan with sesame oil.
- Once pineapple starts to color add shallot, ginger, diced
pepper and tomato.
- Cook one minute and take off heat. Stir in cilantro.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice and zest. Reserve warm.
Rice: Prepare rice by rinsing rice well and cooking with water, coconut milk, sweet potato and kaffir lime leaves. Reserve warm.
- Season scallops and sear in oil over high heat.
- Once turned and cooked for 30 seconds add 2 tbsp
ginger syrup and immediately remove from heat.
- Toss to coat and place on a plate. Reserve warm.
- Quickly toss bok choy in a hot pan with a bit of sea salt
- There will be enough water on the leaves from washing to steam.
Plating: Place a bed of rice on the 4 plates and top with 5 scallops. Spoon some salsa around and place two Bok Choy beside. Garnish with soy reduction if desired.
This great family recipe is thanks to Clearwater Recipes at https://www.clearwater.ca/en/clearwater-kitchen-industry/recipes/scallop-recipes/sea-scallop-recipes/gingered-scallops-with-caramelized-pineapple-salsa/