Garlic Butter Herb Scallops are pan seared and have the best buttery garlic herb sauce. This is a quick and simple meal that tastes straight from a restaurant!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp capers
• 3 tbsps butter
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 cup hot water
• salt and pepper
• 3 garlic cloves minced
• 1 pound large scallops
• 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
• 1 tsp cup fresh rosemary chopped
• 1 tsp cup freshly chopped oregano
• 1/3 cup kosher salt plus more for seasoning
• garnish with lemon wedges and chopped parsley if desired
- In a medium-sized bowl combine salt and 1 cup hot water, stirring to dissolve the salt. Add ice water to cool the brine. Add scallops to the brine and let stand for 10 minutes. Line a sheet pan with paper towels and set aside.
- Drain the scallops, rinse under cold water, and then arrange in a single layer on the paper towel-lined sheet pan. Place another paper towel on top of the scallops and gently pat scallops. Remove as much surface moisture as possible for the best browning results when cooked.
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil and let heat until it starts to smoke. Salt and pepper the capers and add to the skillet. Sear scallops for 3- 3 ½ minutes on each side until they are golden brown on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Add the butter, garlic, and fresh herbs. Saute for 1-2 minutes and add the scallops back to the pan and heat through. Garnish with lemon and fresh chopped parsley on top.
This great family recipe is thanks to THE RECIPE CRITIC at https://therecipecritic.com/garlic-butter-herb-scallops/