Ever thought about putting sausages in a curry? You'll wonder why you waiting so long when you try this fruity pork sausages curry.
• Prep time: 25 minutes
• Cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp peanut oil
• 1 tbsp plain flour
• 2 tsps lemon juice
• 1/2 cup frozen peas
• 1 tbsp curry powder
• 1/4 cup fruit chutney
• 500g thick pork sausages
• fresh coriander leaves, to serve
• 1 large brown onion, thinly sliced
• 1 apple, peeled, roughly chopped
• 2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
• steamed white long grain rice, to serve
• 2 carrots, peeled, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep, heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook sausages, turning, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a large plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened and just starting to caramelise. Add curry powder and flour. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add chutney and stock. Bring to the boil. Return sausages to pan. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes. Add apple. Cook, partially covered, for 5 minutes or until sausages are cooked through.
- Add peas and lemon juice. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Season. Serve with steamed rice and sprinkled with coriander leaves.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/fruity-pork-sausage-curry/vnrt892d