Get a taste of vibrant West Coast flavours with these tequila infused prawns.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
• 1 orange or yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
• 1 tsp grated lime zest, plus 2 tbsps lime juice
• 1 cup (250ml) blanco tequila, plus 1 tbsp extra
• 600g large prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
• 1 ripe pineapple, peeled, very thinly sliced (a mandoline is ideal)
• 1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra sprigs to garnish
• 1 fresh jalapeño or long green chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- Place the prawns, 1 cup (250ml) tequila, 2 tablespoons sea salt and 1 cup (250ml) of water in a bowl, then cover and marinate in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Spread the pineapple slices evenly over a large serving platter. Drizzle 1/4 cup (60ml) oil over the pineapple and sprinkle with sea salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime zest and juice with the remaining olive oil and tequila, then season with salt and pepper. Set the vinaigrette aside.
- Drain the prawns, reserving the tequila marinade. Place the marinade and 1 cup (250ml) water in a large frypan and bring to the boil. Add the prawns and simmer for 20 seconds. Remove from the heat and stand for 10 minutes or until the prawns are just cooked and almost firm.
- Drain the prawns, discarding the cooking liquid, then allow the prawns to cool.
- Toss the capsicum, prawns, vinaigrette and chopped parsley in a bowl. Scatter the prawn salad over the pineapple on the serving platter. Garnish with jalapeño and parsley sprigs.
This great family recipe is thanks to Delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/tequila-prawns-pineapple-carpaccio/aa0dc03c-e167-46af-b7b1-a27ca996e034?current_section=recipes&r=recipes/group/sx8icie0