Do you love the taste of spareribs, but is gnawing not your thing? Then these Iberico rib fingers from the Big Green Egg would definitely be for you! Because rib fingers are spareribs, but without the bone. They are delicious as a snack or served on a pita bun.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
For Pork Rib Fingers:
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1kg Iberico rib fingers
• 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
• 1 tbsp madras curry powder
• 1 tbsp smoked paprika powder (sweet)
• 2 tbsps ginger syrup
• 2 tbsps oyster sauce
• 2 tbsps black bean and garlic sauce
• 8 pita buns
• 1/4 cucumber
• 1 spring onion
• 8 sprigs of coriander
• 1/4 red Spanish chilli pepper
- Ignite the charcoal in the big green egg and heat, with the conveggtor, the disposable drip pan and the stainless steel grid to the temperature of 140°C.
- Meanwhile, put the rib fingers in a bowl. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Drizzle the rib fingers with the olive oil and mix well. Sprinkle with the paprika powder, the curry powder, the sea salt and the garlic and rub the rib fingers with the flavouring.
- Distribute the rib fingers over the round perforated cooking grid, place on the grid and close the lid of the egg. Let the ribs cook for approx. 2 hours.
- Remove the grid with the finger from the egg and put them in the round drip pan. Heat the egg to 180ºC.
- Mix the ingerdients for the glaze and brush the rib fingers with it. Put the drip pan on the grid and close the lid of the egg. Let the rib fingers cook the approx. 15 more minutes and brush them 2 or 3 more times with the glaze as they cook. Meanwhile, prior to serving, cut the cucumber into very thin strips. Remove the stem and seeds from the chilli pepper and slice the spring onion into thin rings.
- Remove the rib fingers from the EGG. Cut open the pita buns and top with the rib fingers. Garnish with the cucumber strips, the chilli pepper, the spring onion and a sprig of coriander.
TIP: If you make the pita buns yourself with this recipe, you will have more buns than you need for the rib finger recipe. Wrap the remaining pita buns and save them for the next day or keep them in the freezer. You can heat the buns on the egg or in a toaster when you want to use them.
This great family recipe is thanks to Big Green Egg at https://www.biggreenegg.eu/en/inspiration/recipes/pita-bun-with-iberico-rib-fingers