Try these fried pork strips next time when the craving for easy, crispy fried food hits. They will definitely hit the spot!
• Prep time: 30 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 lb. pork chops
• 1 cup buttermilk
• Vegetable or canola oil for frying
• 3 cups pre-seasoned Italian style Panko
- Cut the pork chops into long strips about ½ inch thick. Soak in the buttermilk for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, put half of the panko and coat the pork strips. Add more panko as you go.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Test the oil with a small drop of water. If the water starts dancing, it’s ready.
- Fry the pork strips in small batches without over-crowding the pan until golden brown for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with a side of Japanese Tonkatsu sauce, or any other favorite condiment.
This great family recipe is thanks to Sweet & Savory at https://www.sweetandsavorybyshinee.com/fried-pork-strips/