Grilling fish can be a totally daunting process. Worrying about cooking it correctly and not tearing apart the delicate fillets can bring unnecessary stress to your cookout. Let this recipe and a little bit of tin foil save you from that aggravation.
Making foil packs, not only keeps your fish from sticking to your grill grates but it also creates a mini oven, where all the added ingredients cook and combine to make a flavor bomb. These packs combine salmon, asparagus, butter and lemon to create a light and easy meal that is perfect for any cookout.
You could serve these right out of the foil or you could use a bit more foil and make some campfire potatoes or make some simple grilled corn.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• kosher salt
• 2 lemons, sliced
• 4 tbsps butter divided
• Torn fresh dill, for garnish
• freshly ground black pepper
• 4 x 6 oz skin-on salmon fillets
• 20 asparagus spears, trimmed
- Lay two pieces of foil on a flat surface. Place five spears of asparagus on foil and top with a fillet of salmon, 1 tablespoon butter, and two slices lemon. Loosely wrap, then repeat with remaining ingredients until you have four packets total.
- Heat grill on high. Add foil packets to grill and grill until salmon is cooked through and asparagus is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with dill and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Delish at https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a47373/foil-pack-grilled-salmon-with-lemony-asparagus-recipe/