This Easy Honey Garlic Salmon is a throw together recipe in one pan and a perfect sweet and savoury 5-ingredient garlicky sauce with a hint of lemon!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp water
• 2 tbsps butter
• 4 tbsps honey
• 1/2 tsp paprika
• 2 tsps soy sauce
• lemon wedges to serve
• salt and pepper, to season
• 4 salmon fillets (about 250gm each)
• 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
• 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice (plus extra to serve)
- Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven. Preheat oven to broil/grill settings on medium heat.
- Season salmon with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat until melted. Add the garlic and sauté for about a minute, until fragrant. Pour in the honey, water and soy sauce; allow the flavours to heat through and combine. Add in the lemon juice; stir well to combine all of the flavours together.
- Add the salmon steaks to the sauce in the pan; cook each fillet (skin-side down if there's any skin) for 3-4 minutes or until golden, while basting the tops with the pan juices. Season with salt and pepper, to taste (if desired).
- Add the lemon wedges around the salmon (adds a stronger lemon taste). (Optional)
Baste salmon one more time then transfer the pan to your oven to broil / grill for a further 5-6 minutes, or until the tops of the salmon are nicely charred, and the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- To serve, drizzle with the sauce and a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with steamed vegetables; over rice or with a salad.
This great family recipe is thanks to Cafe Delites at https://cafedelites.com/easy-honey-garlic-salmon/