Serve your delicious Gressingham duck breasts with this fruity sweet jam and top with a dollop of creme fraiche. A perfect mid-week supper that is sure to impress.
• Prep time: 2 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 2 Duck Breasts
• salt and pepper
• 6 cherry tomatoes
• 2 tbsps caster sugar
• 2 tbsps creme fraiche
• 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
• 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
• 1 few fresh coriander stalks and leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4.
- Score the fat on each duck breast and season well, then place the duck breasts skin side down into a large frying pan (without oil) on a medium heat and cook for about 8 minutes until the fat has rendered out and the skin has gone golden brown and crispy.
- Turn the duck breasts over briefly to seal the flesh side, and then transfer to a roasting dish and place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Whilst the duck is roasting, pour away the fat from the frying pan and add 2tbsp of water and the sugar and bring to the boil. Add the garlic and chilli and continue to boil until it starts to thicken. Add the tomatoes and vinegar and cook for a further 2 minutes, season to taste and set aside.
- Leave the duck breasts to rest for five minutes before carving, then arrange onto a plate, add the creme fraiche on top, drizzle over the chill jam and garnish with the fresh coriander.
- Serve with a baby spinach and watercress salad.
This great family recipe is thanks to Gressingham Duck at https://www.gressinghamduck.co.uk/recipes/duck-breasts-with-sweet-chilli-tomato-jam/