Make this special dish a part of an indulgent weekend lunch perfect for friends.
• Prep time: 25 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 300ml dry red wine
• 2 tsps red wine vingar
• 1/3 cup (80ml) demiglaze
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 eschalots, finely chopped
• 6 duck breasts, skin scored
• flat-leaf parsley sprigs, to serve
• 2 tbsps spiced redcurrent jelly, plus extra to serve
• zest and juice of 2 orange, (plus 2 oranges, segmented)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Season the duck with salt and black pepper.
- Place a non-stick frypan over low heat, then cook the duck, skin-side down, for 5-6 minutes until golden and most of the fat has rendered. Transfer to a baking tray, then roast for 5-6 minutes for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the pan. Add the eschalot and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until soft. Add wine and allow to bubble for 3-4 minutes until reduced by half.
- Add orange zest and juice, then allow to bubble for a further 3-4 minutes until reduced by half again. Stir in the jelly and demiglaze, then simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring, until thickened.
Place orange segments in a bowl and toss with oil and vinegar. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Slice the duck, then divide among plates. Top with orange segments and parsley sprigs, then drizzle with the red wine sauce and serve with extra jelly.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/duck-breast-spiced-red-wine-orange-sauce/2b0e7dd2-ceb0-40e9-90cc-3b4dc4c2c76a