Ina Garten got it right with this blend of ingredients. It's absolutely perfect with rack of lamb.
• Prep time: 15 minutes + standing time
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 1/2 tbsps kosher salt
• 2 tbsps fresh rosemary, minced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 2 racks lamb, frenched
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, process the salt, rosemary, & garlic until they're as finely minced as possible. Add the mustard and balsamic vinegar and process for 1 minute.
- Place the lamb in a roasting pan with the ribs curving down, and coat the tops with the mustard mixture. Allow to stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Roast lamb for exactly 20 minutes for rare (or 25 minutes for medium-rare.) Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil. Allow to sit for 15 minutes, then cut into individual ribs and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Recipe Girl Recipes at https://www.recipegirl.com/dijon-balsamic-rack-of-lamb/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly