• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 cups water
• 1/4 cup canola oil
• 4 ounces mesclun
• 1 tsp wasabi paste
• 2 tsps instand dashi
• 2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
• salt and freshly ground pepper
• 12 sea scallops, sliced into thirds
- In a bowl, whisk the lemon juice, wasabi paste and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan, bring the dashi and water to a simmer. Add the scallops and poach just until opaque, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Transfer the scallops to a bowl and toss with half of the dressing.
- Add the greens to the dressing in the large bowl and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange the scallops on plates, top with the greens and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to FOOD & WINE at https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/dashi-poached-scallop-salad-wasabi-dressing