The extra virgin olive oil lends a fresh and distinctive flavour to this main meal of barramundi and roast vegetables.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 18 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 400g tomato medley mix
• 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 200g green beans, trimmed
• 2 tbsps finely chopped fresh chives
• 2/3 cup Australian extra virgin olive oil
• 1 bunch broccolini trimmed, halved crossways
• 1 small lemon, rind zested into fine strips, juiced
• 2 tbsps finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 4 (150g each) boneless barramundi fillet with skin on, skin scored
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place vegetables on prepared tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add fish, skin-side down. Cook for 2 minutes or until skin is very crispy around edges and centre is just starting to crisp. Place fish, skin-side up, on top of vegetables on tray. Bake for 4 minutes or until fish is just cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Heat remaining oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant (do not brown). Add chives and parsley. Cook for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat. Add lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve barramundi and vegetables drizzled with warm garlic and herb oil.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/crispy-skinned-barramundi-garlic-herb-oil/e5c1e79b-a491-437a-b650-93a5b45ccdba?r=recipes/barramundirecipes&c=e73e2730-7ca1-4d34-8582-726faf5eb7cf/Barramundi%20recipes