These Crispy Baked Chicken Wings are a great party appetizer or quick meal for game day. The wings have a tantalizing coating of sweet, citrusy orange sauce.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 50 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp oil
• black pepper
• 2 lbs. (about 1 kg) chicken wings tips removed, drumettes and middle sections separated
For orange sauce:
• 5 tsps sugar
• 1 tsp corn starch
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1/2 tsp orange zest
• 1/4 cup orange juice
• 3 tbsps chicken broth or water
• 1 tbsp garlic chili sauce (Optional)
• 2 tsps Chinese rice wine or dry sherry (Optional)
• 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or red wine or Chinese white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (207°C).
- Rinse the chicken wings and pat dry with paper towels. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with the oil, some salt and black pepper. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and then place a baking rack on top. Arrange the wings in a single layer on the rack, as pictured.
- Bake, rotating pan half-way through, until fully cooked and crispy, about 45 to 50 minutes. Make sure you keep checking on them.
- Mix all the ingredients in the Orange Sauce in sauce pan. Heat it up until it thickens and slightly bubbles. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- When the wings are done, transfer them out of the oven and add to the Orange Sauce. Toss a few times to coat well.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/crispy-baked-orange-chicken-wings/