Never have a soggy fish taco again! Our Air Fryer Fish Tacos produce the CRISPIEST breaded fish without all the fat and calories and WITH all the flavor. We nestle the crunchy barramundi in charred street taco tortillas, top with a quick pineapple slaw, and a fresh squeeze of lime juice!
• Prep time: 25 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 16 flour tortillas
• 3/4 tsp kosher salt
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 11/2 tsp chili powder
• 1/2 tsp onion powder
• 11/4 tsp garlic powder
• 1 cup panko bread crumbs
• 1 large egg + 2 tbsps water
• 4 pieces x barramundi fillets
• sour cream and lime juice for serving
• 2 tsps honey
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 jalapeno, diced
• 2 tbsps lime juice
• 1/2 tsp kosher salt
• 1/2 tsp chili powder
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• 1/4 cup diced red onion
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
• 1 cup chopped pineapple
• 5 cups shredded cabbage
• 1 small garlic clove, grated
- Preheat are fryer for five minutes at 380 degrees.
- Add the panko, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper to a shallow dish or bowl. Stir to combine..
- Add egg and water to another shallow dish or bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Pat fish dry with paper towels. Use a sharp knife to cut the fish into four 1x4 pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Dip each piece of fish into the egg. Let the excess drip off. Coat in the bread crumbs. Use your fingers to make sure the breadcrumbs are pressed into the fish. Repeat with remaining fish.
- Add half of the fish to the air fryer. Spray the top generously with olive oil spray. Cook for 4 minutes. Pull the tray out and flip the fish over. Spray with olive oil spray. Cook another 2 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Wipe the bottom of the air fryer clean after each batch. It's super quick and easy and prevents the fish from burning later on. Repeat with remaining half of the fish.
- While the fish cook. Add the lime juice, honey, garlic, salt, cumin, chili powder, and olive oil to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the cabbage, jalapeño, pineapple, cilantro, and red onion. Toss until coated in the dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave. If desired, char the tortillas over an open flame.
- Add a little bit of slaw to each tortilla. Top with a piece of fish. Cover with more slaw. Serve with sour cream and a squeeze of lime juice.
This great family recipe is thanks to Cooking For Keeps at https://www.cookingforkeeps.com/crispy-air-fryer-fish-tacos-with-pineapple-slaw/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly