• Prep and cook time: 3 hours & 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/3 cup honey
• 1/3 cup soy sauce
• 2 tbsps cider vinegar
• 4 large chicken thighs
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
• 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Mix together the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, thyme, pepper and garlic in a bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade to use for basting later. Marinate the chicken with the remaining liquid in a resealable bag for 2 to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat one side of a gas grill to medium heat, keeping one side cooler. Grill the chicken thighs on medium for approximately 5 minutes on each side, taking care not to let the sugars burn. Move the thighs to the cool side of the grill and baste with the reserved marinade. Cover the grill and cook, basting every 3 to 4 minutes, until the thighs are cooked completely through, about 10 minutes more.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food Network at https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/honey-garlic-chicken-thighs-3679169