This simple and light take on peas à la Française works well with pan-fried fish.
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• juice of 1 lemon
• 1 tbsp baby capers
• 100g butter, chopped
• 150g sugar snaps, trimmed
• 2 baby cos, halved lengthways
• 1/2 cup (60g) frozen baby peas
• 2 shallots, thinly sliced into rings
• 4 x 150g barramundi fillet, skin on
• 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Blanch sugar snaps and peas in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 1 minute or until just tender. Drain, refresh in iced water, drain and slice sugar snaps in half. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large frying pan over high heat and fry fish skin-side down for 6 minutes or until skin is crisp and golden. Turn and cook for 2 minutes or until just cooked. Place on a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest. Wipe out pan, heat remaining oil, add lettuce and cook for 2 minutes or until golden, then turn and cook for a further minute. Add to plate with fish to keep warm.
- For brown butter, heat butter in the same pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until it begins to turn golden. Add shallot and capers, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until butter is browned. Add lemon juice, sugar snap, peas, lettuce and parsley, cook for 1 minute to heat through and season. Serve fish with sugar snap, peas and lettuce, and top with brown butter mixture.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious Recipes at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/crisp-barramundi-brown-butter-capers-recipe/vhs50jmi