Nestle leeks, potato and capers around salmon fillets to make this easy traybake for two. It's great as an midweek meal, or for a more romantic occasion.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 70ml double cream
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 2 skinless salmon fillets
• 1 tbsp chives, plus extra to serve
• 1 tbsp capers, plus extra to serve
• 1 leek, halved, washed and sliced
• 250g baby potatoes, thickly sliced
• mixed rocket salad to serve (Optional)
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Bring a medium pan of water to the boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 8 mins. Drain and leave to steam-dry in a colander for a few minutes. Toss the potatoes with 1/2 of the oil and plenty of seasoning in a baking tray. Put in the oven for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the leek and fry for 5 mins, or until beginning to soften. Stir through the garlic for 1 min, then add the cream, capers and 75ml hot water, then bring to the boil. Stir through the chives.
- Heat the grill to high. Pour the creamy leek mixture over the potatoes, then sit the salmon fillets on top. Grill for 7-8 mins, or until just cooked through. Serve topped with extra chives and capers and a salad on the side, if you like.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Good Food at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/creamy-salmon-leek-potato-traybake