Creamy Lemon Garlic Salmon Piccata is a classy yet easy salmon recipe you've been waiting for with a deliciously creamy lemon garlic sauce!
This Creamy Lemon Garlic Salmon Piccata has become one of my favourite salmon recipes! Buttery salmon fillets pan seared with a golden brown crust and crisp edges, served with a deliciously creamy lemon sauce with capers and fresh parsley!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• lemon slices to serve
• 1/4 cup flour (Optional)
• 2 tbsps unsalted butter
• 1/3 cup dry white wine*
• salt and pepper to taste
• 3-4 tbsps fresh lemon juice
• 4 x 170g skinless salmon fillets
• 4 medium garlic cloves minced
• 4 tbsps rinsed and drained capers
• 1-2 level tsp cornstarch (or corn flour)
• 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock/broth
• 1/2 cup reduced fat cream (or heavy cream)
• 2-4 tbsps coarsely chopped parsley to serve
- Season both sides of salmon fillets evenly with salt and pepper. Add ¼ cup of the flour to a shallow dish; dredge the salmon in the flour to evenly coat. Shake off excess.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large nonstick pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to mix through the butter. Add salmon; sauté 4 minutes on each side or until just cooked to your liking. Transfer salmon to a warm plate; tent with foil and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter (or oil) to pan and melt. Add the garlic; sauté for a further minute until fragrant. Add wine; bring to a boil scraping any browned bits off of the bottom of the pan. Cook until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally. Add ¾ cup stock/broth to the pan along with the lemon juice; bring to a boil and cook for a further minute.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of cornstarch (or cornflour) with 2 tablespoons of the reserved broth, whisking well to combine. Pour the mixture into the pan, stirring through the liquid to create a sauce. Cook for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. If it's not thick enough, mix the remaining cornstarch with the remaining broth and add to the centre of the pan. Stir in the cream and remove from heat and add the capers.
- Place the salmon fillets back into the pan. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, pepper and add in lemon slices.
- Serve immediately with the sauce over rice or pasta, vegetables of choice or with a salad.
This great family recipe is thanks to Cafe Delites at https://cafedelites.com/creamy-lemon-garlic-salmon-piccata/